harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] JRockit H27.2.1 for Harmony Class Library released now
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:18:38 GMT

> On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:49 AM, Andrew Zhang wrote:
>
> > The peformance of JRockit + Harmony classlib is amazing! For some
> > application on my old machine, it's 1.8x faster than RI!
>
> really?  That's hilarious.  Are you sure?

Really, I'm not kidding! It's an object database application, which involves
a lot of io and reflect operations. The application takes around 1600 ms
against RI, but 900ms against Harmony + JRockit.
btw, I'm using old Harmony snapshot -- I don't know the revision number, but
the date of snapshot is Sep. 28, 2006.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang