harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Spark Shen" <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security]different behavior between Harmony and RI in MessageDigest.digest(byte[], int, int)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:14:37 GMT
IMO, all these engineXXX methods are from it's super class MessageDigestSpi.
And there is a paragraph on spec:

<cite>
Note that this class is abstract and extends from MessageDigestSpi for
historical reasons. Application developers should only take notice of the
methods defined in this MessageDigest class; all the methods in the
superclass are intended for cryptographic service providers who wish to
supply their own implementations of message digest algorithms.
</cite>

So, this exception thrown senario is implementation dependent. I'd prefer to
regards it as non bug difference.

Best regards

--
Spark Shen