harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Rogers <ian.rog...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [drlvm][opt] How to get object access sequence during runtime.
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:09:19 GMT
Hi Zuoqiong,

there's a lot of research and Java and CMPs. For example, the Jamaica
project at the University of Manchester:
http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/apt/projects/jamaica/
has been looking at runtime adaptive parallelizing compilers (see also
IBM's Ninja project). There's also significant work on transactional
memories (to reduce lock usage) with Java. I'm not aware of projects in
this area using Harmony.

Regards,
Ian Rogers