harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] publishing builds
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:42:46 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Yep - what we have now are still snapshots, in reality.
>
> We should probably start formally doing the "developer build" - the one
> that is voted and tested.  Good step forward for us.

Agreed.  I feel that we all muddled through creating the last snapshot.

It would be good to have a few developer builds under our belt before we
get to a real release, in order to iron out the procedure.  It should
include a stability period to test the heck out of it and triage
failures, get the doc up to date, vote, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took us about three developer build cycles
to get it all just right.

Regards,
Tim