harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] Can anyone apply Harmony-2957?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:34:47 GMT
Hi Alex,

(I hope I am not duplicating Geir's work) I've just committed the
changes you suggested in HARMONY-2957. However, I didn't add your jar
file because I'm not sure that placing a jar file in the module's root
is a good idea. IMHO it would be better to create some sort of README
in the module's root where the correct sequence of actions is
described. Something about how this file can be created or what else
can / should be done to simplify the eclipse user's life.

To all: by doing this I don't assume that talks about pack200 module
are finalized. I just believe that it is still better to let the code
evolve in its current location than to stop applying any patches at
all (that can completely demotive contributor(s) - i.e. Alex). While
we are thinking I mean.

With Best Regards,

--
Alexei Zakharov,