harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Stack causes a, "sigsegv in vm code" on a 2 cpu rhel4 box
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:28:50 GMT

On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Weldon Washburn wrote:

>> Weldon Washburn wrote:
>> > This actually brings up something that would really be nice to
>> have, a
>> > rollback list.  I am thinking a short list of OS/HW combos that a
>> > regression means a compulsory SVN rollback.  The expectation is
>> that
>> every
>> > committer would have access to a full set of machines on the
>> rollback
>> list.
>> > For starts, I think the list should be:
>> >
>> > 1)
>> > single ia32 cpu laptop  w/ WindowsXP
>> > 2)
>> > 4 CPU SMP w/ Linux ia32
>> > 3)
>> > 4 CPU SMP w/ Linux 64-bit (em64t)
>> >

>> > Thoughts?
>> Cool -- do I send my shipping address to you? :-)
>> How can you make such an expectation?
> I don't know what the answer is.  We are really caught between a
> rock and a
> hard spot.  The current path leads to each committer holding a
> private list
> of exclude tests.  Then when someone says your last mod breaks on my
> machine, we do a rollback to a stable revision.  And then sort of
> kind of
> let someone else with different hardware try to fix the patch,
> commit then
> wait to see if anyone complains.

That's what the community-owned build-cloud is for.   Do your due
diligence on your machine(s), and let CC tell you when there's a

My original concern is that you found a problem that CC apparently
missed.  I think figuring this out is higher priority than GCv5 :)
(I'll help out myself if I can get the failure to occur - testing as
I write this... nope, didn't fail)

Right now, tallying the thread :

Weldon : fails on RHEL4 2 CPU

Naveen : fails on RHEL4, jitrino debug mode (is that only in debug?)

Rana : works on his 32-bit linux

Alexey : pointed out it used to pass, and possible clue, and reports
works on SLES9 SMP, both debug and release for jitrino

Elena : verified as known bug in em64t, and verified ok for 32-bit SUSE9

Geir : stress.Stack passed on a single core Ubuntu 5 ia32

So it's been verified on 32 bit linux, both single and multi
processor.  The only failures being reported are on RHEL4?

So did CC miss this?  Naveen, do you have CC running?  or is this
test excluded locally for you?  <Insert standard complaint about
local, private CC exclude lists here>

View raw message