harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Neelakantam <neela...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 23:01:54 GMT
Well that was a fun wild goose chase.

It turns out that build test last worked for me around December 8th,
but first started hanging on stress.Mix around December 12th.  What
happened between those two dates?  Quite a few tests were taken off
of the exclude list for x86 linux, including stress.Mix (look at logs
for build/make/excludes/exclude.drlvm_smoke.linux.x86.jit).

I checked out an old tree (--revision "{20061208}") and tried running
stress.Mix and MegaSpawn and they both hang just as with more recent
trees.

So, I retract my previous assertion that stress.Mix passed once upon
a time.  I was simply confused.

As has been suggested, the right thing to do might be to just put
stress.Mix back onto the exclude list.

Naveen