harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [luni] Ignored Exceptions and HARMONY-2939
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:16:43 GMT
Does it make sense?
I think the code below does nothing...

try {
sm.checkPermission(url.openConnection().getPermission());
} catch (SecurityException e) {
}

If access is not permitted based on the current security policy, then
it will throw a SecurityException. So if you want to ignore the
exception, why to call the checkPermission?

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM