harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Can't neither update nor checkout harmony's tree root.
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:45:57 GMT

On 29 January 2007 at 20:25, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Pavel Pervov wrote:
>
> > Both 'svn update' in checked out harmony tree and 'svn co
> > http(s)://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony<https://svn.apache.org/
> > repos/asf/harmony>'
> > produce the following:
> >
> > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (
> > http://svn.apache.org)
> > Checking out any of harmony subdirectories works just fine.
> >
> > Where can I try to find the cause of this?
>
> It was shut down because people were doing that.  There's very few
> reasons to ever get the head like that, and it places incredible
> stress on the servers - apparently it was happening quite a bit.
>
> I meant to put a note on the website about it.
>
> geir

Geir,

I've been maintaining an internal mirror of the complete repository with
svk - for various reasons.  I usually update it every other day.  I'm no
longer able to do this.  I hope this has not caused a problem?  Is it
preferable to maintain mirrors of each sub-project separately - I would
have thought this would generate more load on the server not less?

Regards,
 Mark.