harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][portlib] the portlib tests failed to compile on Windows platform
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:09:40 GMT

On 24 January 2007 at 19:48, "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/24/07, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 24 January 2007 at 18:54, "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladimir@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Seems, it does not work :(
> >
> > What is the output in the generated test report?  You can browse to it
> > but it will probably be in a file called:
> >
> > build/test_report/html/native/portlib/1_hyfile-out.txt
> >
> > FYI: I've added more verbose errors to the latest version in svn.
>
> Output is (which file should be deleted?):
> hyfile:
>   portlib initialized
>   fd = 4012
>   hyfile_write wrote 7 bytes
> hyfile_move failed (183) Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

In general, modules/portlib/*tmp*.

Oddly enough the next item on my todo list (stack) was to look at
adding a cleanup step to remove any created files when the tests fail.

This seems to be one of those jobs where my todo list just grows the
more I look in to it.  First I spot that when move_file fails on Linux
the portlib hyerror message is not set.  Then when looking at that I see
a pointless copy in errorMessage caused by using the non-thread-safe
strerror call instead of strerror_r.  Then I decide to confirm the most
portable way to use strerror_r by testing on Linux, Aix and FreeBSD...

Sorry for the breakages (hopefully fixed now - except the
check-for-empty one which shouldn't occur in normal use?) and thanks
very much for letting me know what was failing on windows.

-Mark.