harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][native-code][test] How about use some unit test tools to write native unit test code?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:20:15 GMT

On 24 January 2007 at 15:58, "Spark Shen" <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> As I said previously, I want to write some native unit tests. Now, all
> of the native test code are of the following 2 forms:
> 1. native mains
> 2. java mains + jni methods
>
> How about introduce some automatic unit test tools such as CUNIT,
> NUNIT etc into our test framework? Is there any licence problem?
> AFAIK, CUNIT is of GPL licence and NUNIT is of zlib.

> IMHO, they both are ok.Since we only use them as dll not as source
> code.  Your opinion?

What are you hoping to test?  I think as much as possible should be
tested from Java.  I'm only treating the the portlib as "special"
because that is where the majority of the platform-specific code is (or
at least should be!).  Thus having portlib tests really helps porting
when you don't yet have a VME.

I've no objection to using a test framework but I have no experience of
any of them and they all seemed overkill for my immediate requirements.
I'll be happy to restructure the current tests to use a framework if we
find we need one.

Regards,
 Mark.