harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][portlib] Native tests
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:37:41 GMT

I've checked in an initial attempt at creating some native tests so that
we can test portlib without drlvm (or a VME).  I intended to add a few
more tests for other portlib functions soon.  Most of the "tests" don't
really do anything more than confirm that the function runs.  Hopefully
we can improve some of them.

The test output should appear in the normal "ant test" report under
a package "native.portlib".  The output from the tests is available
from the "System.out" link on the each tests results page.  This could
probably be improved.

In order to get the tests to run, the modules/portlib/build.xml sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH on unix to enable libhyprt.so and friends to be found.
On windows I've tried to set the PATH but have suffered from some
issues with the interaction of the case-sensitive variables in ant
and case-insensitive variables in windows.  I've currently left an
'unless="is.windows"' in modules/portlib/ build.xml because of these
issues - and because when it fails it brings up a dialog box hanging any
automated builds.

I'd really, really appreciate any insight people might have in making
the execution of these tests reliable on windows.

Regards,
 Mark.