harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Bad test in GregorianCalendarTest?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:54:45 GMT

I noticed while testing one of Tony's GregorianCalendar JIRA patches
that while all tests, including the GregorianCalendarTest, pass if I run
all the luni tests with:

  ant -Dbuild.module=luni test

if I run just the one test with:

  ant -Dbuild.module=luni \
      -Dtest.case=tests.api.java.util.GregorianCalendarTest test

then it fails with:

  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
    Wrong date: Fri Jan 02 05:00:00 GMT 2004 at
    tests.api.java.util.GregorianCalendarTest.test_rollIZ
    (GregorianCalendarTest.java:548)

It's not immediately obvious to me why this happens.  I think this is
probably an undesirable feature of a test and that all tests should be
independent.

Regards,
 Mark.