harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Attempting to build classlibs on a Mac
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:06:28 GMT

On 10 January 2007 at 1:24, "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I had to check that the build.xml worked properly (as opposed to
> just running in Eclipse) and had a few joys whilst doing that. Here's
> what I found:
>
> 4) The build.xml I was editing had a reference to
>
>             <classpath location="../../build/tests" />
>
> but there wasn't a build/tests there -- there was a build/classes
> instead, though. In fact, without any manipulation, the test classes
> weren't able to see the runtime classes (this may have been the way I
> had things set up though) but a symlink from build/tests to
> build/classes solved the problem for me. This also seemed to solve the
> problem for other build parts too, so I don't know where I went wrong
> with mine.

I think that location, ../../build/tests, used to be used for common
test classes.  I think these are now covered by the test_support.jar
that is already included in the classpath (where it is needed).  That
line can probably be removed.

You shouldn't need to point to build/classes since the classes should
be present in the jars on the bootclasspath anyway.

-Mark.