harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Donald" <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] new module (was: [classlib][pack200] Development has stalled :-( )
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 02:18:04 GMT
> > It's not so much the patches being applied fast enough. The problem is
> > that if I'm adding a new file, and I contribute that, I effectively
> > can't work on it any more until the file is applied. That's because
> > when it's subsequently added SVN throws a wobbly and refuses to do
> > anything because there's a file already there. I'm going to get this
> > anyway -- solution is to delete and then svn up -- but if I've made
> > changes to that file (or someone else has made changes that I don't
> > have) then any further changes get lost. It's less of a problem when
> > there are already added files there, but most patches I've submitted
> > have had new files in place, and it does take me a while to sync after
> > a patch has been applied.
> How about svk?

I use SVK to do things like this almost everyday and it works like a
charm. I even use SVK to do changes on repos I have write access so
that the granularity of main repo commit is the related to size of the
feature change. About the only negative with SVK is that it can be a
PITA to install.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald