harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tuva Palm" <tp...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [general] JRockit H27.2.1 for Harmony Class Library released now
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:28:13 GMT
Thanks Tim! And thanks Geir for forwarding my post yesterday. I was
blocked from the mail list for some strange reason.

I am very happy to see that you already discovered the amazing
performance of JRockit ;-)

Regards
Tuva

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:t.p.ellison@gmail.com]
Sent: den 30 januari 2007 13:52
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [general] JRockit H27.2.1 for Harmony Class Library
released now

Welcome Tuva, thanks for the note.  It's great to see another VM made
available to help progress Harmony development.

I'm particularly interested to hear about your experiences in
implementing the VM interface to the class libraries, and any
suggestions that you have for improvements.

You ask that we send questions about this release to the BEA forums --
will you also be monitoring this mailing list for Harmony-specific
discussion?  Again, just thinking about how we can get the widest
audience for the discussion of a portable VM interface.

Regards,
Tim

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I'm happy to forward the following message due to Apache's spam filter
> being overly aggressive (this is really cool...).  I hope it makes it.

> Sorry about the formatting :

Java
> implementation, and to help us understand the issues involved in
making
> our JVM more generic.
>
> JROCKIT H27.2.1 FOR HARMONY CLASS LIBRARY RELEASED NOW
>
> The JRockit H27.2.1 release is a 32-bit partial implementation of the
> Java Standard Edition Version 5 Specification for Windows on Intel
> architecture that works with Harmony Class Library. This software is
not
> a part of the Apache Harmony project, and is being licensed to you for
> evaluation purposes only. If you have any questions regarding JRockit
or
> this release please visit our forums.
>
> Download the JRockit H27.2.1 at
>
>     http://dev2dev.bea.com/jrockit/jrockitVM