Since the allocation helper is inlined now, I reran the old allocation rate test( with the default heapsize 256 M ) ...while gc_gen and gc_cc are in the same ballpark, there is still some way to go to catch up with RI. Log attached.

If you compare performance of allocation - allocation fast path helper code
is all you need.
And we need to check performance not with microtests, but use real
benchmarks. Microtests can hide cache misses in our example.

--
Mikhail Fursov