harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:26:46 GMT
On the 0x245 day of Apache Harmony Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I've tried to incorporate your feedback about the changed menu. The
> > latest version is at my sandbox [1].
> > Does anybody object to merging the sandbox with the site?
>
> I guess you still couldn't get over that "reorganize everything" syndrome :)
>
> Nits and picks:
>
> - Why did you move "wiki" link from "Community" section into "Development"?
> It confuses me.

me too, even in the "Documentation" section it looks more natural

> - Why did you moved the "Get Involved" link after "Who we are"?
> I think the original order ("Get Involved" first and "Committers"/"Who we are"
> then) was better.

We have:
    Community
    * Get Involved
    * Committers
    * Mailing Lists
    * Documentation
    * Wiki

Nadya is proposing:
    Community
    * Who We are
    * Get Involved
    * Bug Tracker
    * Mailing Lists

// Nadya, thanks for moving the FAQ higher

Famous Apache HTTP Server website [255] has:
    Get Ivolved
    * Mailing Lists
    * Bug Reports
    * Developer Info

I see no reasons to reinvent the wheel and would have chosen the
following strategy to the site reorg:
1. do as close to [255] as possible
2. Dislikes? -> Discuss!
That promises to be a faster convergence.

[255] http://httpd.apache.org/

--
Egor Pasko