harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] which version of gcc to use for distributables?
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:46:25 GMT
On the 0x245 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> There's been some comment on the fact that I'm using GCC v4.x for the
> em64t builds, requiring users of the snapshot to use libstdc++ v6.
>
> Is this a real problem?  Shouldn't we be using the newest major
> version of gcc for our builds?

I found a relatively simple approach in [1] (but supposedly not
universal):
shell> ln -s `g++ -print-file-name=libstdc++.a`
shell> g++ -static-libgcc -L. -o example example.cpp

works on my em64t on a simple test. Modifying the build is quing to be
 somewhat painful. Volunteers wecome!

[1] Linking libstdc++ statically
    http://www.trilithium.com/johan/2005/06/static-libstdc/

--