harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drrvm][jitrino] How can we start Escape Analysis
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:20:23 GMT
On the 0x245 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Yu Zhang <clarazhang@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your helps. :-)
> > We are interested not only in the EA, but also in the synchronization
> > techniques.
> > I further want to know whether EA is used for improving memory management
> > in jitrino.
> >
> Yu Zhang,
> AFAIK current EA implementation in Jitrino does not perform any memory
> management optimizations. This is an open area for improvements, especially
> after interface devirtualization patch was committed to the trunk.

my 2c: "Lazy Exception" optimization pass targets on improving memory
management in Jitrino (with VM support), it targets on detection if
exception object is used in the 'catch' (of another method) and avoids
object creation if it can prove allocation is not necessary. Not EA,
but similar.

--
Egor Pasko