harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] A framework to inline API (classlib) methods as magics in JIT
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:34:27 GMT
On the 0x245 day of Apache Harmony George Timoshenko wrote:
> Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > On 12/19/06, George Timoshenko <george.timoshenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> What answer do you expect from me?
> > Can we add this API call to the list as "inlined in Jitrino HIR"?
> >
> yes, sure.

+1 from me, the code will be more compact and controllable

to implement the arraycopy magic you need integer arithmetics, integer
compares, null checks and two Jitrino intrinsic calls:
*ArrayCopyDirect* and *ArrayCopyReverse*.

see these for details:
JavaByteCodeTranslator::genArrayCopy(...) and
JavaByteCodeTranslator::genArrayCopyRepMove(...)

--
Egor Pasko