harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][em64t] build is broken
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:10:07 GMT
Guys,

em64t builds of classlib are dead since r482540. That is, DRLVM works
with classlib r482539 and fails with segfault on later revisions.
The rootcause is hysl_lookup_name returning bad pointers due to
incorrect size of UDATA, which become == 4 somehow.
I spent several hours trying to understand the reason of the wrong
definition, but still miss something. Correct DEFINES seems to be in
place...
Almighty classlib build gurus, we need to resolve this ASAP, please.

NB. Isn't using void* more portable than UDATA for pointers? E.g. for
below declaration:
hysl_lookup_name (struct HyPortLibrary * portLibrary, UDATA descriptor,
                  char *name, UDATA * func, const char *argSignature)