harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][smoke tests] Enabling smoke tests
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 01:59:08 GMT
2006/12/5, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com>:
> We currently have more than 40 smoke tests in the exclude list.
> I tried to run all of them on linux/Windows and found out that most of them
> stably pass.
> Those of them which have been marked with the "slow" keyword don't actually
> run slow. They are not slower than an average smoke test. Only few of them
> work about 10 seconds (comparing to 1-4 seconds duration of any other test).
>
> Only 3 tests stably fail and about 5 tests fail intermittently. I've added
> the details to the  http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVMInternalTests page.
> I plan to file JIRA issues about failing tests and to gather more statictics
> on intermittent failures.
>
> Does anybody object to removing most tests from exclude lists and bring them
> back to runs?

Cool, +1 for unexcluding.
Even if they run too long, they should not be in x-list.
We have to balance best coverage and minimal running time for the
pre-commit testing. Even if some of smoke/kernel tests do not fit into
this bed of Procrustes, we better move them to any other suite used
for regular runs, than bury in x-list.

It would be nice to check for duplication between smoke & kenel tests, as well.
Thank you!

--
Alexey