harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][vote] new snapshots
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:52:56 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> My fault then, sorry.
>
> I wanted people to give a quick smoke test / review of the snapshots
> before I put them up.

I've tried to use x86_64 build as the least stable one so far. I've ran
VM tests replacing jdk in deploy dir with the jdk binaries which you've
created. So far I got the following:

- Most cunit tests fail, presumably because of HARMONY-2789. I used
SuSE10 because it has libstdc++.so.6 required by the binaries. SuSE9 has
older version 5.
- In smoke tests new shutdown tests fail, shutdown.TestFatalError and
shutdown.TestNativeAllocation fail, shutdown.TestInterrupt hangs. It
could be because tests were added after you've created build, and it
doesn't contain patches which fix the problems that these tests test.
- Some kernel test (java.lang.ClassGenericsTest*) fail.

I'll try to test x86 platforms too if I have time.

--
Gregory