harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:53:28 GMT
Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've tried to incorporate your feedback about the changed menu. The
> latest version is at my sandbox [1].
> Does anybody object to merging the sandbox with the site?

I guess you still couldn't get over that "reorganize everything" syndrome :)

Nits and picks:

- Why did you move "wiki" link from "Community" section into "Development"?
It confuses me.

- Why did you moved the "Get Involved" link after "Who we are"?
I think the original order ("Get Involved" first and "Committers"/"Who we are"
then) was better.

- Where is the content of "Project Guidelines" now? I could not find the link
by scanning the navigation pane
(Okay, I've found it later by extensive search under "Who we are", which
suggests that "who we are" is a badly chosen name for the page)

I would suggest that you propose logically separated changes one by one,
rather than submitting wholesale reorganization, because for sure there will
be someone opposing some of the changes
(in this particular case it is me).

The separated changes that I would put +1 for are:

+ adding site map
+ cleaning and reorganizing "Documentation" (former "Subcomponents") section of
the navigation pane
+ updating outdated pages