harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] Debug/release build switch is implemented
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:44:44 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Forgot to say on Tuesday :)
>
> In cooperation with Mark, we've implemented debug/release build switch
> for class library natives on Windows.

This is great IMHO. I was always interested in pure debug version of
classlib to fix the bugs. Previously we had a half debug/half release
mix which wasn't very convenient for debugging.

Is it integrated already? I think on windows in debug move the pdb files
for classlib libraries should be copied to deploy directory. This is not
done so far.

> To build release version of class lib please use the following command:
> ant -Dhy.cfg=release
>
> Release natives gives us significant boost on some benchmarks. For
> example 15,68% on Dacapo.chart!
>
> So please use release builds for any performance measurements.
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> P.S. Mark, have you finished everything for Linux?

Hopefully it is possible to make deploy and temporary (for object files)
directories different for debug/release and different platforms too.
This will allow to have only one source copy on Linux when using the
same home directory from different servers.

--
Gregory