harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] X11 libs
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:17:49 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
>> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>
>>> Don't you need to specify exact version of library you depend on?
>>
>> It is up to distributions to care about the exact version of libraries
>> that they provide. When they build and test harmony with these
>> libraries the exact version will be recorded in the package.
>
> Hang on - what do you mean "when they build and test harmony?"  I'm sure
> that some distros may do that - get the TCK license from Sun and test -
> I'm not convinced it will be many.  It will be up to us, at least at
> first, to start doing certified builds for a matrix of precise versions
> and distros.  "harmony for linux" isn't going to cut the mustard.

I don't think distros will do any TCK testing. They will assume that any
build passes TCK as long as we claim that we did pass it. It is quite
different, Java conformance (in the sense of passing TCK) or just
another Linux Java implementation along with kaffe and gcj with
classpath. Do kaffe and gcj have TCK certification on all distributions,
is it really needed?

Under testing I meant that distributions will test compatibility between
Harmony and the media libraries versions which are used in distribution
version.

--
Gregory