harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][smoke tests] Enabling smoke tests
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:19:51 GMT
On 12/7/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/12/6, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com>:
> > On 12/5/06, Rana Dasgupta <rdasgupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > How much total additional time would be needed to run the tests that
> are
> > > excluded for "slowness" only?
> >

> > There are 11 tests marked as slow. They run about 30 sec in JIT mode.
> Only
> > one of them is rather slow: gc.Mark (~15 sec).
> >
> > I compared the whole run duration on linux (JIT + interpreter).
> Currently 26
> > tests run for about 3 min 30 sec. Adding 42 tests from exclude list
> > increases duration up to 11 minutes (1 min 40 sec for JIT).
> >
> > Is this time acceptable?
>
> Probably yes.Exact timings depend on hardware used; I guess the
> figures above are on a laptop?

No, 11 minutes are for multiprocessor machines (Windows/linux). On a single
processor desktop the tests run for 24 minutes :(  Most annoying is the
interpreter mode. We can agree later that some slow tests should be excluded
for interpreter.

Anyway I need a couple of days to run the tests intensively to reveal all
unstable issues.

Elena

Anyway let's try them over! Later if someone analyzed coverage, we can

--
Thanks,
Elena