harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][test] Smoke tests now use exlcusion lists
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:29:14 GMT

> I've not changed the smoke tests to use exclusion lists rather than the
> annotations.  More freedom and cleaner.
>
> I've tested on linux x86 and linux x86_64.
>
> It makes this much cleaner - you get a block of PASSES, or not.  It also
> shows the list of tests that aren't being run.
>
> Note, that we have on average  26 tests passing, and 45 excluded!
>
> We need to figure out if the excluded tests should really be excluded -
> I'll play with a few.

I've played with these tests. Actually only three of them demonstrate stable
failures:
io/Integers.java
stress/Finalizer.java
stress/Stack.java

Most of them stably pass and don't run too long but there are some
intermittent failures unfortunately.
I plan to run them in an intensive way to determine all issues and then
suggest a patch.

Thanks,
Elena

Note that I still have to test on windows, but I think I got it right.

--
Thanks,
Elena