harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security]How to treat with bugs related with BouncyCastle?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:31:05 GMT
Hi, all:

During fixing a bug, I found that on RI the algorithmParameterGenerator for
DSA will throw InvalidParameterException while the input size of init(int
size) is not a multiple of 64 or the size is less than 512 or greater
than 1024. But Harmony seems does not make such a check. After I digging
into it, I found it is due to the JDKAlgorithmParameterGenerator$DSA.class
which resides in the range of signed.bcprov.jar.

Can we regard it as a bug of BouncyCastle? If so, we may raise a jira to
BouncyCastle or another channel to communicate with them?

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM