harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][general]How to deal with such system property like "sun.boot.library.path"
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 02:03:45 GMT
Hi, all:
     During my application tests on aspectj, I found that some applications
such as aspectj and bcel use the system property "sun.boot.library.path" to
locate the boot classpath. Although Harmony has a similar property called "
org.apache.harmony.boot.class.path", since the property name "
sun.boot.library.path" is hardcoded in the applications, they will still
fail due to ClassNotFoundException.
     There seems to be two ways to solve it:
      1. Harmony also provides this property to be compatible with RI, which
seems quite simple but actually we are not "sun".
      2. To persuade other applications to use some adapter to get the boot
classpath instead of hard-coding the property name,  but it is quite a long
trip because of the number of Harmony's potential client applications.
     I believe there might be other compatible problems alike. Any
suggestion?
--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM