harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] VM-JIT interface extension
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:59:35 GMT

> On 12/18/06, Pavel Pervov <pmcfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As I understand OPT pipeline, it was NOT originally designed to return
> > compilation error from within its internals. But now I see it being a
> > requirement.
> >

> This is not true. OPT pipeline is designed to return JIT_Failure if
> something broken. But it's true that we can have a bug here :)

AFAIK, it is not easy in some places to return JIT_FAILURE, as it requires
breaking compilation pipeline and (possibly) cleanup for failed method.

> Are you proposing to reject compilation here if some VM flag (exception
> flag) is set?

Something like this. Alternatively, we can tweak type_info_get_class to
cleanup any exceptions it produces, but I'm not sure it is along its
original interface contract and won't break something on different execution
path.

--
Mikhail Fursov

--