harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][jit] VM-JIT interface extension
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:30:28 GMT

Originally DLRVM had design peculiarity that it cached class LOADING
exceptions. It contradicted the specification which only requires to cache
I've removed this design issue as the fix for HARMONY-2083, but there seem
to show one (BIG) obstacle on this way.

I asked for that some time ago but was answered that JITs never directly
call to class loading to load classes of methods' arguments and return types
while compiling invoke* instructions.

Now it shows up (see HARMONY-2775, comment from MIkhail Fursov), that at
least Jitrino.OPT does call to class loading. This leads to assertion on the
next attempt to load any class.
As I understand OPT pipeline, it was NOT originally designed to return
compilation error from within its internals. But now I see it being a

Pavel Pervov,