harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gcv5] finalizer design
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:10:19 GMT
First of all, I do not understand, why alternate implementation was commited
without ANY discussion on the mailing list.

So, it would be more correct from my POV to revert the patch, politely ask
the authors of that patch to speak up, why it was required to reimplement
finalizers and weak references support in DRLVM and then start a vote (if
there will be anything to vote for) or fix the issues GCv5 authors have with
current design present in DRLVM.

<SNIP>
Regards
--
Pavel Pervov,

P.S. BTW, making such commit would prevent us from developing class
unloading design which may show way better performance than original design
had.