harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to mark ready-to-integrate JIRAs?
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:08:08 GMT
Hello,

My experience with attention attraction via mail-list tells me that
additional flag to JIRA report wont make a difference.
I tried to attract the attention to JIRA containing reg testing
framework for week and a half. Result of this was near the zero (if
do not count some letters with "enough, everybody knows" meaning).
Only when committer found several JIRAs depending on my, he processed
it. I'm not complaining - we all are near New Year celebration.

Everything what we can do with unassigned (read unattended) JIRA reports
is to check that patch does not make a conflicts and all the test are
passing after its application. So committer can (if he believe you) skip
some work on them (and free his time for other JIRAs).

I think mail-list is an excellent communication vehicle (although
mail archive is slightly inconvenient and hard to navigate, especially
for newbies and strangers).

Please, understand me correctly, but I support Egor with his recommendation
to use/know your software.

Thanks,
Alexander