harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing][jit] regular testing for JIT regressions on HUT
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:05:48 GMT
Hello,

> OK))
>
> BTW, Mikhail, are we going to integrate IR-level JIT regression tests
> ([1]) into the *DRLVM regression testing infrastructure* in the
> nearest future?

Stop, guys, let's think. Regression test is a test checking for
particular problem reported and fixed before. So regression test and
JIRA report have one-to-one correspondence. What I see at HARMONY-1531
is a set of tests for Jitrino.OPT marked as "improvement", not as a bug.
So, I think, these tests should go to different place, not to regression
test suite. Right?

> Are there any pending tasks to reach that point? IMHO, we should
> integrate/commit it and let go for constant improvement. That's quite
> enough for the start. (Not the highest priority, but gonnabe pretty
> useful). Please, tell me if I am missing something here.

I'm agree with you. Tests first! Any tests increase the quality
of the product (if they do not do some intentional harm of course).

> Alexander Kleymenov, are you interested? BTW, do you have a
> prioritized list of TODO items for DRLVM RTI?

No, I don't have such. I see some further works on reg test suite (such as
old reg tests converting/integration), but I did not make any plans and
prioritizations. I think we should have public list of such TODOs so
everyone interesting could help us with it. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Alexander