harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] new dependency (was: Re: [testing][crash handling] it will nice to add *any* crash handling to build system)
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:22:48 GMT
Vladimir,

I repeat again: there are cases of DRLVM failure before xml file
creation. They can occur along with successful test passing of another
tests. I'm not sure for CLASSLIB testing, but I can imagine the
situation when JVM is failed if the name of the test to be executed
contains "CrashIt" substring. So we will have unnoticed CLASSLIB's
test failure.
So, to my mind, empty xml file analysis can be used for CLASSLIB
testing (although and without 100% confidence in results), but it
can't be used for DRLVM testing (again - because of the possible
absence of failure indicator - empty xml file).

Alexander