harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] Regression Testing Infrastructure proposal
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:21:32 GMT
Hello,

It's glad to see that people are staring to use regression testing
framework. What can be better for developer than an ability to see all
regression tests passing after new fix :)

Now I see only one problem with framework - its pending state. Its
life in the form of 2 patches supplied with different JIRA reports
complicates the works on regression tests suite - both on integrating
of existing regression tests and on development of new ones.
So, perhaps, someone of committers could look at the patches and
integrate the framework? I believe it will help to accelerate the
works on regression test suite and as a result can make DRLVM more
robust and stable. If someone found this interesting (and/or obvious
as well) the patches implementing the framework are supplied with
HARMONY-2416 and HARMONY-2540 JIRA reports. Plus there is a small bug
fix implemented by Egor and supplied with HARMONY-2565 report.
I think there is no need to dig too deep into all these Ant's
implementation details - if there are any problems they can be fixed
later, in parallel with regression test suite development. Everything
you need to check it up is applying the patches (first 2416, then
2540) on built DRLVM workspace and trying "ant reg.test".

Thank you,
Alexander Kleymenov