harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Yershov" <dmitry.yers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] VM internationalization again
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:40:53 GMT
2006/12/5, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com>:
> On 12/5/06, Dmitry Yershov <dmitry.yershov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > P.s. One more question is tormented me: Should we internationalize LOG
> > and TRACE (they are for debug version of VM only) output?
> >

> I think we should not do it. At least I do not understand what is use case
> for i18n of DRLVM logging.

    Help message, help message on non standard options, messages about
fatal errors are printed by DRLVM logging system. It would be great to
see these message on native language.
    On the other hand, DRLVM logging system has a lot of "messages for
developers" (see LOG and TRACE defines). These, messages are appeared
in debug version of VM only. My question is: Should we
internationalize such messages?

Dmitry