harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] JIRA issue search problem
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:46:13 GMT
I've just realized that I forgot about my another favorit search: "My
So I believe that contributors will be happy to have possibility to
assign issues to themselves. But as I said using Assignee field for
this is a bad idea...

Is that possible to create another field, lets say "Contributor
assignee" with the possibility to assign every registered JIRA user to
this field? Geir?

Is this makes sense? Thoughts?

SY, Alexey

2006/12/14, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> I've just imagined a bad guy who don't want particular JIRA to be
> fixed (by some reason). He assigns this JIRA and logs off forever. So
> the JIRA is in assigned state and no one else tries to work on it.
> What should we do in this case?
We will have the same result now if some bad guy will write a comment
that he works on the issue :)

SY, Alexey

> 2006/12/14, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>:
> > Guys,
> >
> > this thread is created as a result of  "[general] Wise JIRA processing" thread.
> > Few people concerned that it is difficult to find a free JIRA issue to
> > work on. And I agree with this concern.
> >
> > Committer can assign the issue to himself when he is starting to
> > investigate the issue. And others can filter for non-assigned issues.
> > But non-committer can not set any flag for the issue to let other
> > people to filter.
> >
> > I do not think that granting possibility to non-committers to assign
> > issues is a good idea since it will remove the possibility for
> > committers to filter non-assigned bugs to commit.
> >
> > I suggest to let non-committers to set and unset "in progress"
> > property. In this case non-committer will add comment to the issue
> > that he started investigation and will set the "in progress" property.
> > And others will can filter issues by this field.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Geir, is this possible at all? :)
> >
> > SY, Alexey
> >
> --