harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] Release/debug builds for classlib
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:53:31 GMT
2006/12/7, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> On 7 December 2006 at 17:00, "Alexey Petrenko"
> <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I want to modify classlib build system to allow to build natives in
> > debug and release modes. We definitely need this feature if we want to
> > talk about Harmony performance.
> >
> > I'll introduce new build property hy.build.config with two possible
> > values: debug and release. Debug will be default of course.
> >
> > There is HARMONY-803 issue which implements debug/release switching
> > for linux. Is there any progress on this issue? Mark?
>
> I'd not been applying the patches in that JIRA because I was hoping to
> keep unix and windows consistent.  But ...
>
> Due to the restructuring to enable me to look at porting to new
> platforms, these patches would no longer apply and so I decided to
> implement the changes myself.  I committed something like the linux
> patches in H-803 earlier in the week, in r483045.  Is that not
> sufficient? "ant -Dhy.cfg=release" for a release. "hy.cfg=debug" is the
> default - which is really handy for me at the moment. ;-(
It seems that I did not update my workspace with build changes since
the begining of the week :)
I've compared our changes to properties.xml and they are almost the
same. We've just used different names for ant property and environment
variable for make :)
The only difference is that my version is switching debug option for
javac as well. And I think that I'll commit this modification.

> > If nobody objects I'll start to commit the changes in next few days.
> I'm not sure I see what changes you mean, but changes similar to the
> unix ones in r483045 for windows would be good.  I'm not really familiar
> enough with windows compile flags to do it (or at least not quickly).
I got some Windows versions already.
Anyway I'll review your changes to unix makefiles and comment...

SY, Alexey