harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] aiming no regression
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:07:43 GMT
> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > seems like we need to refersh our agreements aiming better stability.
> > There are questions to discuss and decision to be made.
> >

> > 1) We have exclude list for each paltform and for two VMs. We have
> > discussed a separation of the common part but did not reach any
> > agreement. To make fixing  VM- and platform-specific bugs easier I
> > suggest that we agree to separate a
> > common part.
> I thought we agreed.  Either way, this is a side issue wrt regression.
> >

> > 2) Usually committers check the classlib patches on J9 and then
> > commit. At this point checking the patches on DRLVM is not that
> > convinient so at the moment we don't ask committers to do classlib
> > pre-commit testing on DRLVM.
> Yes, and we're getting near the time to switch that.  People have the
> freedom to do what they want, but we need to get this happening
> regularly.  I'll do something to make it easier for this to happen -
> I'll make a "drop-n-go" snapshot of DRLVM so it can be dropped directly
> into classlib's deploy/jdk/jre/bin as /default.
> The only remaining issue that I can see is the infernal hythread.so
> problem.  Would we solve that simply by renaming our hythread.so in DRLVM?
I've created corresponding JIRA yesterday:

And Salikh commented:
"And the original dependent of hyprt.dll is laucher (java.exe):

$ dumpbin /dependents java.exe
  Image has the following dependencies:

Thus, it is not IBM VME to blame, but the launcher and/or hyprt.dll to
be fixed to either
- not depend on hythr.dll
- to pick it up from VME directory"

So this issue is in progress now and I hope that it will be fixed soon.

SY, Alexey

View raw message