harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:31:01 GMT
Nadya,
The navigation becomes better. Thank you for a hard job.

Though I believe twice less items and news on the main page would be
good for a newbie.

The following links are confusing for a generic Windows user who wants
to install java to run his lovely java game:

* Contribution Policy
* Who We Are
* Get Involved
* Project Roadmap
* HDK
* DRLVM
* Class Libraries
* Build-test Framework

Let's put them at http://harmony.apache.org/dev/

News page resembles a corporate document. Which applications can I run
with Harmony? This is the main and the only question I'm interested in
before proceeding to the download page.

The next question is how to access "Getting Started" guides. Let's
move anything else from the news page unless it is cool.

The following links will distract newbie attention:

<a>Apache Software Foundation.</a> this is already on the page
<a>pre-built snapshots </a> should be in "downloads" section

On 12/19/06, Morozova, Nadezhda <nadezhda.morozova@intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've tried to incorporate your feedback about the changed menu. The
> latest version is at my sandbox [1].
> Does anybody object to merging the sandbox with the site?
>
> In addition to the new changes, that resource has several updated pages.
> I've tried not to lose anything, so it's restructuring the same
> materials, mostly on generic pages that you can access from the menu.
> These changes are based on improvements suggested in HARMONY-2688 [2]
> and my own fixes.
> There still are several outdated pages, for example, the definition of
> HDK [3], but I'll send suggestions to these separately.
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~nadinem/docs/
> [3] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/hdk.html
>
> Cheers,
> Nadya