harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc][user experience] minor improvements to website navigation and content
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:11:17 GMT
Folks,
Let's decide on general things first.

 * Who is the main customer of the first page. I assume he is a
newcomer who doesn't know what DRL of build-test framework mean.

For a newcomer any specifc abbreviation such as DRLVM or build-test
framework just leads to a confusion. If I'm a user, I usually do the
following:
 * download the product
 * check license
 * ask questions on dev@ list if the question is not answered in FAQ
or a user guide
 * file a bug if somethings doesn't work (issue is much less specific
qord for that)

If I'm a developer, I just need to read documentation first. If I
don't do this, and start contributing, than probably it won't be a
high quality contribution.

That's all I suggest to put to the first page. More information IMHO
would just make a newcomer life more complex, so he probably won't
come to our web site next time.

--
With best regards,
Alexei,