harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][ti] thread unsafe global list of compiled stubs
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:49:56 GMT
Gregory,

Thank you for explaining. As far as I unerstand writing to the thread
unsafe list is enough to cause segmentation fault on smp. You need to
update two fields, and this cannot be done atomically.

According to the wiki page [1] I need to cleanup CodeChunkInfo
structures anyway. Access to the code chunks is synchronized via
method locks. I believe it would be a good idea to unify these chunk
storages. Won't you object?

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Code_Inspection%3a_compile%2ecpp

--
With best regards,