harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] LdInterface helper inlining. Review is needed.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:42:06 GMT
All,
In spite of Pavel Ozhdikhin implemented value profiling based interface
devirtualization our 'helper_get_interface_vtable' is so slow (>10 times
than RI in microtests) so it still consumes some measurable percents on
benchmarks like  SpecJBB2005.
We can improve this helper performance by inlining it. The problem is how to
do it.

In http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2746 there is a patch
initially developed by Alex Astapchuk. The patch adds caching of the first N
(3) interface tables in Class struct. If this patch is OK, I'll write fast
path helper using only these fields, without iteration of whole interface
tables list in a loop.

VM gurus, can you review it, please?

--
Mikhail Fursov