harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] A framework to inline API (classlib) methods as magics in JIT
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:06:44 GMT
On 12/19/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikhail,
>
> I'd also add j.l.System.arraycopy() to the list, see HARMONY-2247
> (System::arraycopy by 'rep move' instruction).

George Timoshenko is an expert in Jitrino arraycopy processing :)  Let's
wait his comments on this .

2006/12/19, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com>:
> BTW, term "inlining" may be a bit misleading in this topic, rather
> "intrinsic replacement" or "magics substituion".

May be you are right. I call it 'inlining' because one of the goals was to
remove extra 'call' overhead for some native methods. But not all of such
methods are native, so ''intrinsic replacement" is also good.

--
Mikhail Fursov