harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] (HARMONY-2398) patch for GCv5 alloc helper inlining
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:59:07 GMT

> we are slower than RI because we don't use FS:14 to get TLS entry

With helper inlined our allocation performance is better or equal to SUN1.5
and significantly better then BEA1.5. Use config I sent above in this thread
to reproduce the results. After Weldon commited H2500 not only allocation
but monitors helpers too will become several times faster. I hope we enable
helper inlining in default mode soon. Today it is enabled in server mode
only.

+ Inlined helpers solve not fs[14] problem, but inline runtime consts like
GC data offsets instead of using of fields and variables. So helpers
decrease number of cache misses.

--
Mikhail Fursov