harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] (HARMONY-2398) patch for GCv5 alloc helper inlining
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:28:40 GMT

> > >I mean that if the whole test is in the one method the optimized method
> > version will never be >executed unless we have on stack replacement
> support.
> >

> Yes, I understand now thanks. I also noticed your hotnessPercent setting
> 0 in the other em config email :-)

Hotness percent is a relative hotness of a helper in comparison to the
method's entry node. For example if a method was executed 1000 times, helper
was executed 50 times and hotness percent for the helper is 5 the helper
will be inlined. If hotness percent is 4, the helper will not be inlined. In
static mode (like -Xem:opt) static profiler is used to estimate execution
count of every node. If hotness percent is 0 - every helper will be inlined.

> >I attached the file. Put it to the default dir and use -Xem:opt_plus cmd
> > line
> >
> Noting came through as attached, BTW.
It's strage, I see your attachment and we are both using gmail.
Here is opt_plus.emconf inlined:
# EM configuration file for CS_OPT-only mode of Jitrino. This is 'client
static' mode

# Options to be passed to JIT

#inliner configuration

#helper inliner configuration