harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] (HARMONY-2398) patch for GCv5 alloc helper inlining
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:28:40 GMT

> > >I mean that if the whole test is in the one method the optimized method
> > version will never be >executed unless we have on stack replacement
> support.
> >

> Yes, I understand now thanks. I also noticed your hotnessPercent setting
> 0 in the other em config email :-)

Hotness percent is a relative hotness of a helper in comparison to the
method's entry node. For example if a method was executed 1000 times, helper
was executed 50 times and hotness percent for the helper is 5 the helper
will be inlined. If hotness percent is 4, the helper will not be inlined. In
static mode (like -Xem:opt) static profiler is used to estimate execution
count of every node. If hotness percent is 0 - every helper will be inlined.

> >I attached the file. Put it to the default dir and use -Xem:opt_plus cmd
> > line
> >

> Noting came through as attached, BTW.

It's strage, I see your attachment and we are both using gmail.
Here is opt_plus.emconf inlined:
# EM configuration file for CS_OPT-only mode of Jitrino. This is 'client
static' mode

chains=chain1
chain1.jits=CS_OPT
CS_OPT.file=jitrino

# Options to be passed to JIT

-XDjit.CS_OPT.path=opt_init,translator,optimizer,hir2lir,codegen

-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.optimizer=ssa
,devirt,inline,uce,purge,simplify,dce,uce,lazyexc,inline_helpers,purge,simplify,uce,dce,memopt,simplify,dce,uce,lower,dessa,statprof,markglobals
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.codegen=lock_method
,bbp,gcpoints,cafl,dce1,i8l,early_prop,itrace-,native,constraints,dce2,regalloc,spillgen,layout,copy,rce+,stack,break-,iprof-,emitter!,si_insts,gcmap,info,unlock_method
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.dce1=cg_dce
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.dce2=cg_dce
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.regalloc=bp_regalloc1,bp_regalloc2
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.bp_regalloc1=bp_regalloc
-XDjit.CS_OPT.path.bp_regalloc2=bp_regalloc

#inliner configuration
-XDjit.CS_OPT.CS_OPT_inliner_pipeline.filter=-
-XDjit.CS_OPT.CS_OPT_inliner_pipeline.path=ssa,devirt
-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline.pipeline=CS_OPT_inliner_pipeline

#helper inliner configuration
-XDjit.CS_OPT.CS_OPT_helper_inliner_pipeline.filter=-
-XDjit.CS_OPT.CS_OPT_helper_inliner_pipeline.path=ssa
-
XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline_helpers.pipeline=CS_OPT_helper_inliner_pipeline

-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline_helpers.newObj=on
-
XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline_helpers.newObj_className=org/apache/harmony/drlvm/gc_cc/GCHelper
-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline_helpers.newObj_methodName=alloc
-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.optimizer.inline_helpers.newObj_hotnessPercent=0

-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.codegen.dce1.early=yes
-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.codegen.regalloc.bp_regalloc1.regs=ALL_GP
-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.codegen.regalloc.bp_regalloc2.regs=ALL_XMM

#-
XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.log.irdump.file=log/%jit%/%log%/%seqnb%_%class%.%method%.log
#-XDjit.CS_OPT.arg.log=ct,ir,irdump,all

#system properties
-Djava.compiler=client static

#GC magics support
-Dvm.components.gc_cc.startupclass=org.apache.harmony.drlvm.gc_cc.GCHelper
-XDvm.component.classpath.gc_cc=gc_cc.jar