harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] HWA doesn't work
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:25:32 GMT
On 12/4/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is exactly what I meant. Yes, properties are just there to adjust
> them during init; AFAIU BootstrapClassLoader.Initialize() is
> guaranteed to be called later than any VM component initialization,
> therefore component can modify bcp-properties legally.
> This would also reduce coupling between vmcore and EM. Though there
> are component startup classes which need to be loaded and
> initialized... Can we handle this on EM side somehow (in a lazy manner
> maybe)?

I'm OK to add  +D option handling to EM configuration file. So, if an option
is started with  +D (but not -D)  EM must append it to the existing option.
Doing this we can remove SetBCPElement usage from vm_init and make it
private.

Another issue here is using Java properties for magics, I presume we
> want them as VM-internal actually? BTW, can we use just prefixes to
> mark keys, instead of prefix.*.suffix? I mean,
> -Dvm.components.gc_cc.startupclass -> -XDvm.components.startupclass.gc_cc
>
> This would better fit properties API, get_properties_keys_staring_with().
> What do you say?

We can use same solution as is in the previous example: use +D option in EM
file. For example:
-Dvm.components.startupclasses=ClassA,ClassB,ClassC

?

--
Mikhail Fursov